Our Beginnings - Alpena
Paul and Alice Wachterhauser opened the funeral home at the current location in 1940. There were a number of improvements and additions over the years and in about 1981 they sold the funeral home to David Brietzke. In 1997 he sold the funeral home to the Alderwoods Group, and in 1998 they hired Wayne B. McWilliams to manage the funeral home. In November of 2004 Wayne and Karen purchased the funeral home. In 2021 Wayne and Karen sold the funeral home to their daughter Amy and son in-law Jeff Faircloth. Jeff and Amy are honored to be third generation funeral home owners continuing to serve with the same compassion and professionalism families have come to know and expect.
We are committed to providing superior service to our client families, exceeding their expectations. We will always act ethically and honestly, as we respond to their needs.