Who We Are : Our Story

Our Staff Our Locations
Our Beginnings - Alpena
Current building front after construction in 2006 photo

Paul and Alice Wachterhauser opened the funeral home at the current location in 1940. There were a number of improvements and additions over the years and in about 1981 they sold the funeral home to David Brietzke. In 1997 he sold the funeral home to the Alderwoods Group, and in 1998 they hired Wayne B. McWilliams to manage the funeral home. In November of 2004 Wayne and Karen purchased the funeral home.